Heaven on Earth
Job Title: SpayShip Transport Coordinator PM Full Time
Compensation Type: Hourly
Job Type: Full-time / Non-exempt
Location: North Hollywood and San Fernando Valley, California
Reports to: SpayShip DirectorFounded in 2000, Heaven on Earth began with humble beginnings. To this day, the mission of Heaven on Earth remains consistent: to transform the lives of homeless cats through rescue, sanctuary, and new beginnings.
We fulfill our mission through our many life-saving programs; by rescuing cats and kittens from Los Angeles City and County shelters; by providing expert medical care, socialization and enrichment to each cat that enters our care; by placing cats and kittens into loving homes through our flourishing adoption and foster programs; by providing low-cost surgeries and other vital medical services to companion cats and dogs at our Heaven on Earth Animal Clinic, located within the West Valley shelter; by providing free transportation and trapping assistance for community and companion cats in the San Fernando Valley through our SpayShip Program.
SpayShip is Heaven on Earth’s transport and trap, neuter, release (TNR) program designed to help facilitate the spaying and neutering of cats – strays, ferals, community, and companion cats. Our services are provided free of charge. The focus of this program is assisting with transportation, TNR, outreach, and community education: We transport stray cats and kittens to the clinic (FixNation) for spay & neuter, vaccinations, and medical care and return them to their caretakers; we help the community care for their stray cats by educating them on humane trapping techniques and basic colony care; we loan humane traps and offer trap training; we offer trapping services and also participate in trapping projects; we provide resources to assist in fostering and adoption of tame kittens and cats.
Heaven on Earth is looking for a Transport Coordinator for the afternoon/evening shift that focuses on transporting and trapping for our SpayShip Transport Program! This life-saving program provides free transport, TNR, and trapping assistance to communities in the San Fernando Valley. Be a part of the solution. TNR saves lives!
- Tuesday through Saturday with a weekly meeting held on Monday evenings
- Afternoon pick up of cats after surgery from FixNation/clinic
- Transport cats back to the client or our facility for overnight recovery
- Provide trapping/TNR services for clients- Tuesday through Friday
- Instruct clients on TNR for those willing to trap their own cats
- Trap maintenance (pick up from clients, cleaning, sanitizing and ensuring they are in good working order)
- Maintain Trap covers (launder, maintain working supply) and supplies (maintain a working supply of bait, food trays, newspaper, and other program necessities)
- Assisting with community outreach and program promotion
- Cultivate a team-oriented, constructive, positive and encouraging work environment
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required
- Participate in community outreach and special events as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of previous related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in animal welfare
- Ability to work independently and use judgment within established guidelines
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is preferred
- Clean background check without prior convictions
- Eligible for work in the United States
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Trapping experience a plus
- Excellent attention to detail, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Ability to professionally advocate Heaven on Earth Society for Animals position on issues
- Collaborate well within and outside of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a highly dynamic work environment
- Energetic and able to sustain the physical aspects of this job, which may include lifting, carrying, cleaning, and other tasks as assigned
- Must be able to lift 20 – 30 lbs routinely
- Valid driver’s license with access to transportation to travel on organization business
- Daily hours and days of the week may vary according to the needs of the department schedule: includes weekends, nights, holidays and on-call work
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Heaven on Earth Society for Animals is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.