Heaven on Earth is growing and we’re looking to expand our team! Check out the available positions below. Join us and help save lives!
The adoption counselor is responsible for facilitating adoptions at Perry’s Place, Heaven on Earth’s sanctuary facility, which is located in North Hollywood. This position is part-time, 25-30 hours/week and will include evenings and weekends (Thursday through Monday schedule.)
- Welcome potential adopters to Perry’s Place and serve as a customer service representative in identifying a cat who is a good match for their home and family.
- Keep up to date on cats available for adoption and make every effort to learn their temperaments and personalities.
- Under the guidance of the adoption director, follow up on adoption placements by phone and/or email and provide appropriate support to adopters who have questions or concerns. Maintain adopter information in various platforms.
- Spot clean cat rooms and public areas as needed
- Communicate with program staff regarding cat health and socialization as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for the mission of Heaven on Earth Society for Animals
- Experience with and commitment to principles of good customer service
- Strong communication skills in person, as well as by phone and email
- Familiarity with the animal welfare field
- Experience with cats and ability to handle cats properly and humanely
- Ability to work cooperatively with volunteers and other staff members
- Solid administrative and computer skills
- Ability to take initiative and to work independently
- Sense of humor combined with strong work ethic
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to transport cats within roughly 30 miles as needed
- Physical ability to walk and/or stand throughout a normal workday
- Physical ability to engage in repetitive motions in order to move cats and supplies
- Note: allergic conditions that would be aggravated when handling or working with animals may be a disqualification
If you are interested in the Adoption Counselor position, please email a cover letter with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please visit our volunteer page!