volunteer your time with homeless cats
When you volunteer with Heaven on Earth, you’re helping us fulfill our mission of transforming the lives of homeless cats through rescue, sanctuary and new beginnings. We need volunteers to help us care for our sanctuary and adoption center cats by feeding, cleaning, socializing and providing daily enrichment. We also need adoption counselors, photographers, event coordinators and anyone with a knack for marketing our residents and programs. You may even decide to take your volunteer work home with you and become a foster!
However you’re able to donate your time, we can assure you that no two days will be the same and every task makes an impact on the number of lives we’re able to save.
Current Volunteer opportunities:
Morning Cleaning Crew
Location: Perry’s Place (North Hollywood)
Duties: Provide daily care to cats by cleaning and feeding the main sanctuary area, which includes 10 free-roam rooms, 3 individual cat enclosures, and community room kennels.
Reports to: Caretaking staff
Schedule: daily, 9am-12pm
Time Commitment: at least 1 weekly shift (3 hours per week)
Qualifications: you must be at least 16 years old
Read the full job description HERE.
Foster Cats & Kittens
- Be at least 18 years old (or foster alongside a parent/guardian)
- Have a valid government-issued I.D.
- Have access to reliable transportation
- Be able to provide daily care for your foster cat
- Adhere to all program protocols and instructions
- Be able to keep your foster cat(s) indoor-only at all times
PetSmart Feed & Scoop
- Clean litter and feed cats that live in the store
- Allow cats out of cubby for exercise, play, and socialization
- Socialize the shyer, sometimes hissy, kittens as well as older cats through the use of treats, special toys, and other positive reinforcements with human interaction
- Note all physical and behavioral observations
- We ask for a volunteer commitment of at least one 1-3 hour shift once a week at one or more of our PetSmart stores.
Pets & Purrs Club: Afternoon Enrichment
Morning Transport Volunteers
Are you a morning person who likes to get their volunteering done early?
We’re looking for a volunteer to transport up to 15 cats and kittens between Perry’s Place (North Hollywood) and the Heaven on Earth Animal Clinic (Chatsworth) for spay/neuter and other surgeries, every Wednesday morning.
The shift is 7 am – 8 am (must be at Perry’s Place no later than 7 am).
Group & Youth Volunteers
We welcome all types of group volunteering including: corporate groups, community groups, private groups, and Boy/Girl Scout projects. Email email@example.com to request more information.
Youth volunteers may volunteer at Perry’s Place and for special events (excludes Petsmart locations). Volunteers in need of community service hours are welcome.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re looking to fill a particular role or bring a specialized skill to the team, please let us know! We will be continuing to open up more volunteer positions in the coming months.